thread: Gokaiger Talk

KingRanger

Gokaiger Talk

So what do you all think about the series so far. I for one am in love with everything about it.

Aoiblue
    The Magi focus ep. is my favorite so far.
    But yeah lovin it, really good show.

Big_T
    I absolutely love the series thus far. I feel like each episode keeps getting better and better. This is the first Super Sentai series that I have ever followed and had previously only watched Power Rangers (due to ignorance). I definitely feel that the original source material is far superior to the US attempts to remake it (ie. Shinkenger as Power Rangers: Samurai).

Mar 2011
    Well I'm gonna keep my final judgement for later. But so far I love it.
    Only thing I don't like about it is the CG fights.

Watch Panda
    Mar 2011
    This is the first team we've had in a while where I liked all of them right off the bat. They're so much fun to watch!

Mar 2011
    I think that goes for the most of us. :P
    Latest sentai have been... kinda... horrible.

Mar 2011
    So far Gokaiger is looking good. My favorite characters are Don and Marvelous.

Big_T
    So far Gokaiger is looking good. My favorite characters are Don and Marvelous.
    Yeah, I have to agree with you there. They are my favorites as well.

Mar 2011
    I was not that big on toku until recently, and hearing about this, I figured "Eh, sure, why not watch this?" I was worried that I would be missing out on a TON of history, considering the theme of the story, but all of that ceased to matter when I first started watching it. Hot DAMN, I love it. The fight scenes are pure gold, especially the first two episodes, where they make it look like some kind of Cirque Du Soleis show. Granted, this series may end up not being all that great, but it certainly looks like a lot of fun right now.

My only hopes are that older teams get some focus as well as the newer teams (I know, getting the actors together is tough, but I still wanna see some Sentai teams or at least members from before Zyuranger). Another one is that each Sentai team gets shown off at least once, as seeing teams get left out from a crossover like this is disappointing. But since most Sentai are around 50 episodes long, they'll probably be able to squeeze everyone in somehow.

Also, completely off topic...Luka is one of my favorites. She's a tomboy, she's got energy and...well, this may be misogynistic, but she's also quite the hottie.

Hoping that there will be even more swashbuckling adventures soon. One week to wait seems almost too long, but given current circumstances...yeah...
    Watching
    Sentai: Gokaiger
    Kamen Rider: Ryuki, Kuuga, W
    Other: GARO

Mar 2011
    You might have missed out on a lot of history. But does that really matter that much?
    First of all it is a kids show. A show for people to enjoy. I don't think the Japanese kids know much about the old Sentai Series.
    And personally, I think Gokaiger is a great show to start with. I'm sure it will teach you a lot about previous sentai.

And about the Luka thing... She gives me and Virushopper a hardon as well ;-)

I was not that big on toku until recently, and hearing about this, I figured "Eh, sure, why not watch this?" I was worried that I would be missing out on a TON of history, considering the theme of the story, but all of that ceased to matter when I first started watching it. Hot DAMN, I love it. The fight scenes are pure gold, especially the first two episodes, where they make it look like some kind of Cirque Du Soleis show. Granted, this series may end up not being all that great, but it certainly looks like a lot of fun right now.

My only hopes are that older teams get some focus as well as the newer teams (I know, getting the actors together is tough, but I still wanna see some Sentai teams or at least members from before Zyuranger). Another one is that each Sentai team gets shown off at least once, as seeing teams get left out from a crossover like this is disappointing. But since most Sentai are around 50 episodes long, they'll probably be able to squeeze everyone in somehow.

Also, completely off topic...Luka is one of my favorites. She's a tomboy, she's got energy and...well, this may be misogynistic, but she's also quite the hottie.

Hoping that there will be even more swashbuckling adventures soon. One week to wait seems almost too long, but given current circumstances...yeah...

•