Super Watch Panda
    Mar 2011

Ultraman Saga Movie Released

So here's the movie we refused to sub because it was so bad. This movie got a bad rep when it came out, and I'm probably sure part of that was down to me being quite public about not even wanting to sub it all over twitter and whatnot. But really, it's not actually that bad.

My main issue was recruiting pretty girls from AKB48 whose sole purpose in the movie was to sell tickets to grown men by wearing shorts and low cut tops. Well, they do wear them, but they actually do little else in the movie, including talking! The movie is on a far smaller scale than the previous two in the trilogy, there's a lot less Ultra characters in it and the fights are further and few inbetween. However, the main four guys are worth watching this movie for. If you liked Zero in anything else, he's the same here and his back and forths between Taiga are genuinely very funny and well written. They have a good dynamic that's pretty unique. If you were ever a fan of Cosmos or Dyna, you're in for a big treat. They both get a good amount of action and even more world building, even though their shows have been over for 10 & 15 years respectively. If you've never seen an episode of either show, you won't get left behind. There are mild spoilers of the finales of both though.

The song they sing in the movie is translated the first time, but not the second as it would have been over the final fight scene. Also, the ED lyrics are untranslated because it's an AKB48 song.

I timed and translated, Shir TLC'd, Kilowog QC'ed and Ultrafanz made the original 720p rip. If anyone has a blu-ray and wants to make 1080p versions, please let us know.

Torrent Script
    Last edited by Tom Constantine; 03-16-2013 at 01:01 PM.

May 2011
    First, let me say thank you so very much for subbing this. I know the movie isn't that great, but I really appreciate you guys taking the time to do this since Ultraman subs are very rare. Team-U and Taiga are pretty annoying, and I really didn't dig the attempts at humor in this film. After the space operas of Ultra Galaxy Legend and Ultraman Zero, it was nice to see them back on Earth for a change. And as a huge Dyna fan, I enjoyed seeing the cast from the series, even if it was briefly.

Again, thanks for the work you guys.

Super Watch Panda
    Mar 2011
    I actually came to like Taiga quite a lot

•