Threaded View

Super Watch Panda
    Mar 2011

Zyuranger 31 with Mega Anon!

From Mega Anon

The time has come to fight Satan! But first our heroes must go on a quest to discover themselves (No really). This involves a brief visit to a place called “America Camp Village”. It’s a blatant ad but not as bad as the two episodes of Megaranger that were almost a complete commercial for Rindo Lake Park (I’m also told that Rindo made an appearance in Carranger). If you want to check out their site (There’s not much there, except their adorable American Squirrel mascot), then here it is (Welcome to America Camp Village) It makes for a great fight scene though, and Burai is a beast.

Speaking of Burai we get some back story about him and why he’s the only one on a time limit. This show seems to mentioning Burai lately, I wonder why… (dun dun dun!)

Also, this episode feature not one, but TWO new robot combinations! DaiZyuJin+Dragon Caesar and DaiZyuJin+Dragon Caesar+King Brachion. The latter combination is the first second seven piece combination in Sentai history (Curse you Turboranger and your Super Turbo Building block!) Sure today that’s nothing, and something like this would be like mid game for a modern Sentai, but at the time this was impressive as hell. In fact I still it’s impressive. It’s big, but not overly huge (sup Ha-Oh, G12), it’s got a ton of fire power, but the guns don’t get in the way of the aesthetics (sup Gosei Great and your various combinations… I still love you <3), and IMO it just looks right. It looks like an actual robot and not a stack of toys. I love Sentai mechs, and I always will, and maybe this “my first Sentai syndrome” talking but this design just does it for me. It’s so radical.

Enjoy this episode and everything awesome it has to offer. We’ll be back next week when a mysterious new warrior shows up to challenge Geki, and we find out that Goushi is a true bro.
    Last edited by virushopper; 07-26-2014 at 04:47 AM.

•