Sparky

New releases anytime soon or did I miss something?

Hello everyone at G.U.I.S,
    I am a bit curious as to what is the reason why there has been none or very little in the way of new episodes being release? I remember when I could see a new episode of Choudenshi Bioman every other week or maybe even earlier than that. I am not trying to sound pushy or anything of that sorts but just wondering if there was a reason I may have missed as I enjoyed just about every new release G.U.I.S released and then all of a sudden it stopped. I know that there are projects that are being done like the Liveman DVDs. I am just asking about why any new releases have been, well released lately.
    Sparky
    M/W

Feb 2014
    beyond time and space
    Okay, so I'm probably overstepping the kind folks here at G.U.I.S., but I felt the need to step in here.

Like, bro, I'm just as eager for new releases as anyone, but you need to read what I'm about to tell you carefully:

Our fansubbing friends here do this on their own time.

Real life, i.e. families, friends, jobs, etc. take priority to putting stuff out.

Chances are that they have been incredibly busy and have been doing the best they can.

Who knows when they will have something ready for us? But I'm willing to bet it will be worth the wait.

They will let us know if something happens, so take a chill pill and watch some other stuff, because chances are that posts like this that you and others make are really not helping them. In fact, it's probably annoying the crap out of them and making them not want to put anything out.

TL;DR: calm the flip down, stop pestering fansubbers, and just wait it out like a grown up.

Sep 2015
    Dude, seriously? They had ONE release in the last year! And no one really pestered them here, just some people asked maybe a couple of questions during that year.
    Once again for you: one release in a year! And you flip out when someone dares to ask whether the group is alive or no. Yes, they do it for people, in their own free time...
    Except maybe they should clarify whether we can still wait for new subs or just forget about that and think of G.U.I.S as just another fansub group that fizzled out, albeit the one that lasted longer and finished several shows (which seems to be a pretty damn good accomplishment in toku-subbing - if only someone like that graced Kamen Riders and Ultramen with such dedication! Alas, no one cares about that awesomeness).

TL;DR: stop this bizarre whiteknighting (I mean it's not a maiden fair you're defending, it's f**king grown men in spandex) and go overdose on chill pills - you need them more.

Sep 2013
    If anyone needs to calm down, its you pan2dapan.

Sparky's inquiry was polite and respectful, and not at all unreasonable. Just a "hey, how're things going?" post is nothing to get all defensive about. He wasn't pestering, and "waiting like a grown up" can include such things as a polite request for a status update.

So, pan2dapan, calm the flip down, stop overreacting, and just respond in a civil fashion like a grown up.

VIP Panda
    Aug 2013
    I can tell you a bunch of things are in the works. The final video processing person has been known to be busy for long periods of time and releases a ton of stuff once he's available. I personally finished pre-timing the remaining of Bioman some time ago, and the translations were done before that, so once it starts coming out it will be rather fast. I know I at least will be onboard for anything further than they need once that happens.

Until then we'll have to be patient.

Feb 2014
    beyond time and space
    lol what i'm a white knight? for telling someone to chill? what are you then, for jumping down my throat for telling a probable grown up to be patient? like you guys do realize this is the internet, right?

so omg this sub group hasn't put out hardly anything this year omg.

actually, it is pestering, because people do it on many of the already ongoing posts, this person just decided to make a whole new thread.

also, jivjov, how was anything i 'said' anything other than civil? did i use capslock? did i call anyone names? did i curse? did i use run-on sentences? absolutely not.

you nerds are freaking hilarious.

(okay now i've called someone a name.)

VIP Panda
    Aug 2013
    Actually nerd is not an insult. If you think it is, you really ought to finish high school before posting here any further. The fact that your even on this website pretty much confirms your at least a geek yourself.

Sparky
    You indeed overstepped your bounds! Now you can listen carefully as I tell you this...if you are not part of G.U.I.S then why are you even responding to my question? I did not ask for someone from the Peanut Gallery to answer my question, It was directed to a member of G.U.I.S. Fan-sub Group and the reason was to find out the some info behind the lack of new releases this year. It was a simple question! and only required a simple answer yet you respond as if I was pestering and was being impatient with them. That is funny how you assumed completely incorrect! Now this is because this is my first post ever on this forum, so how can I be impatient or am I pestering or even being pushy with anyone when my very first post just asked about the lack of new releases? and yet I purposely posted a new thread and weather you approve or not is irrelevant. This grown-up thinks you should start growing up yourself and stop trying to talk for others. I am sure they can respond to my question much better than your failed attempt to. I would say you are not part of the G.U.I.S. Team and thats a plus for them. I dislike people who make assumptions. Don't assume you know what my intentions were when I made this post! Especially since you assumed wrong! and one thing I already knew is NO DUH! real life comes first! Fan-subs are for fans, done by fans! Common sense there pal. Weather or not "other people" are pestering, I have not pestered anyone and asking questions is an acceptable way to find out information.

VIP Panda
    Aug 2013
    Alright, simmer down you two. No reason for either party to get angry at the other. There has been a large gap in releases here and there is also a problem in fansubbing groups with people pestering subbers for releases. I think you both meant well and I think there's no real harm done on either end.

Meanwhile, while I may not be an official member, I have assisted with some of the subbing work for Bioman and am the closest thing you are getting right now, so my above answer is still the best one so far.
    Last edited by catwhowalksbyhimself; 09-22-2015 at 09:33 AM.

Sep 2013
    pan2dapan, please calm down. You're still jumping down everyone's throat and there's really no need for it. Sparky had a polite and respectful inquiry, and received a polite and respectful reply. You're the only one here being harsh and rude. There's no need for it.

•